My thoughts and reflections on my Catholic Faith, Fulton Sheen, the problem of suffering, and books

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Gratitude List #1...#'s 1-11

I've been really stressed lately, both financially (taxes are evil) and personally.

But today I'm tired of being stressed. It's time to start counting my blessings, time to cheer myself up, time to get out of these doldrums.

So I'm tearing a page out of the books of two bloggers, both of whom have inspired me so much in recent days: Mary over at Passionate Perseverance, and Ann over at A Holy Experience.

Today, I am grateful for....

#1. A bike ride in this beautiful Spring weather.

#2. SPRING!

Cherry trees!  Proof that SPRING is here! 


#3. The elderly gentleman who, as I whistled while biking, said, "We can hear you coming. Thank you." (To seem, that might seem sarcastic; but I think maybe he hadn't seen me coming, and was genuinely grateful that I was whistling so he could hear me coming.)  Made.  My.  Day.

#4. The ability to go to the Adoration Chapel.

#5. Looking up that passage in Matthew 6:
Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink. . . . Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more important than they? Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span? . . . If God so clothes the grass of the field...will He not much more provide for you, O ye of little faith? So do not worry and say "What are we to eat?" or "What are we to drink?" or "What are we to wear?"
#6. The ability to go to Mass today.

#7. The reminder, in the General Intercessions, to trust "that God watches over us and provides for our needs."

#8. The 3-year-old who shook my hand at the Sign of Peace.

#9. The bank teller who asked if I needed water for my throat (still recovering from last week's bout of bronchitis)

#10. Baby Brussels Sprouts.  I opened the package expecting the big ones, which I like, and found it was full of very small, cute little Sprouts.  :-)

#11. The professor's family (my adopted family...they would adopt me legally if it didn't cost so much money) ;-) who called to check up on me today.

God Love Y'All!