My thoughts and reflections on my Catholic Faith, Fulton Sheen, the problem of suffering, and books

Friday, April 11, 2014

Gratitude List #2...#'s 12-20

Today's list is going to be a little bit harder to find...the stress roared in from nowhere again. I was in such a good mood as I biked to my part-time job, and then, at work, the good mood evaporated. And I started over-thinking things, and panicking, and feeling generally grumpy.

However, I'm going to plow through that and write the gratitude list:

#12. Good books...I just (finally!) started reading Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul, by John and Stasi Eldgredge. So far, so good...maybe I'll write a book review in a few weeks.

#13. Employment...the fact that I have a part-time job, and some income.

#14. The roof over my head, a place to sleep, food in the fridge, and money in the bank account.

#15. My first attempt at braiding my own hair...I have resolved that I will learn to braid my own hair by the time I'm 25. A month and a half to learn.

#16. The music of Jason Crabb, Steven Curtis Chapman, and others.  Songs that lift my spirits.



Jason Crabb, "Let Mercy Hold You"

Steven Curtis Chapman, "Fingerprints of God"

#17. A cup of warm black tea.

#18. That afternoon nap...it's been a very long week!

#19. Tomorrow's SPRED session...working with those kids always cheers me up...and then the chance to go to confession in the afternoon, to prepare for Holy Week!

#20. The ability to write this gratitude list, even though stress and worry are weighing me down again.

God Love Y'All!