My thoughts and reflections on my Catholic Faith, Fulton Sheen, the problem of suffering, and books

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Gratitude List #3...21-30

Today has just been a beautiful day.

#21. The day started  with SPRED (religious education for children with special needs) at my parish...my friend Leksi was in a good mood today and even said a few words I understood!

#22. Then a bike ride to the library to pick up...finally!...Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts.

#23. The aforementioned book, which I'm looking forward to reading.

#24 After a quick bite of lunch, it was time to take another bike ride to confession.  None of the anxiety that usually builds as I stand in line and shift from foot to foot.  Just peace.  And the forgiveness of sins.

#25. Reminders of the approaching most solemn days of the Church Year.

Hosanna to the Son of David!
(I know I'm a day early, but these palms were already up in our Adoration Chapel)

#26. Pictures of Spring!






This isn't a rose, but...

  I see His blood upon the rose
              And in the stars the glory of His eyes,
              His body gleams amid eternal snows,
His tears fall from the skies.

    I see His face in every flower;
                  The thunder and the singing of the birds
                           Are but His voice—and carven by his power
   Rocks are his written words.
         
            All pathways by His feet are worn,
                       His strong heart stirs the ever-beating sea,
                               His crown of thorns is twined with every thorn,
His cross is every tree.     
Joseph Mary Plunkett, "I See His Blood upon the Rose"





Mary Most Holy, pray for us! 




#27. The time that I had; no rush to get home, just time to bike and look at spring.

#28. The time to bike into the cemetery, to pray for the souls of the faithful departed.

#29 The deer I saw. In the middle of the cemetery.  In the middle of a busy city.




He didn't move.  I was able to move until there was no fence between me and him.

He just stood there and looked at me.
And I looked at him, and marveled, and thanked God for this.

#30. Evening Prayer 1 for Palm Sunday...
We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee: because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

God Love y'all!