My thoughts and reflections on my Catholic Faith, Fulton Sheen, the problem of suffering, and books

Thursday, April 16, 2015

2015...Three and a half months in

Can you believe we're already more than 1/4 of the way into 2015?

I can't.

2015 started off so beautifully...then the end of January brought devastating news, and sorrow, and prayers...and my hopes that 2015 would be better than 2014 were dashed.

Somehow I slogged through the snowy month of February, which quickly became Lent, and tried to read the Book of Job.

Then March brought more snow, and the decision to sign up for driving lessons and make 2015 the year that I get my license. (Two more lessons to go; and, God-willing, before the end of April, I will have a driver's license.)

Then Holy Week was upon us, and I had only made it to chapter 9 of Job (out of 42 chapters...) and my Triduum and Easter in Front Royal were good, if quiet (which enabled me to catch up on Sheen's Life of Christ).

Now somehow it's a week and a half since Easter; Divine Mercy Sunday came and went.

I'm currently taking a break from  Facebook and my email account in order to get my head on straight, to get my priorities in order, and to try to wrap my mind around some of the things that have happened in 2015.

Because it's been a rough year so far.

I'll be back around April 26 or 27.

Oremus semper pro invicem!

No comments:

Post a Comment