My thoughts and reflections on my Catholic Faith, Fulton Sheen, the problem of suffering, and books

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Days 8-11: Mornings and Nature

Welcome to days 8-11 of #31daysofwriting, again linking up with Passionate Perseverance and The Corner With a View.

Thursday (day 8):
I am not a morning person. I am sooo not a morning person. 

Friday (day 9):
This day and Saturday were spent surrounded by nature. My dad was visiting from Indiana, so we spent a lot of time hiking around. It was good.


A surprisingly green leaf, surrounded by dark fall-colored leaves
At: Elizabeth Furnace Recreational Area (part of the GW National Park)



The Shenandoah River
At: my beloved alma mater, Christendom College


The hills in the distance
At: Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park


A beautiful red tree
At: Skyline Drive


The Shenandoah River
At: an overlook on Skyline Drive
(I zoomed in as far as I could)

Saturday (day 10):

The hills
At: Manassas Battlefield



A yellow leaf, on a path in the woods
At: Skyline Drive


Mushrooms


Little yellow-y flowers


A red tree
(This was after we realized we were lost
and were walking along the road trying to find the car)

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills...." (Ps. 121:1)


The Shenandoah River, again close-up


Sunday (day 11):
Sunday was a sad day because Dad had to leave. But it was also the Lord's day, a day of rest (for me, not for Dad, who drove almost 600 miles back home).