My thoughts and reflections on my Catholic Faith, Fulton Sheen, the problem of suffering, and books

Friday, November 6, 2015

Day 23-30: quick review; and we're done!

Writing 30 days in a row is tough. Today's the final day, and I'm lucky if I've posted two consecutive days in a row. I had a theme when I started, but that's gone up in smoke. O well.

Evidently, my last post was my 100th post on this blog. Yay! I didn't realize that in the panic of the moment, and, really, 100 posts over 4 years isn't that much; it rounds out at about 2 a month. Maybe these next 100 posts will be more interesting.

Friday (day 23):
I saw that some friends were going to start NaNoWriMo, and I thought about it for about twenty minutes; then I looked at my "work-in-progress"--which is never going to see the light of day because I only write it for my own amusement--and realized I'd written more than 50,000 words on that already. So maybe I'll just try to work on that instead of starting from scratch...

Saturday (day 24):
Saturday was a quiet day, reading and cleaning. I should write a post to let y'all know what I've been reading lately.

Sunday (day 25):
On a friend's advice, I started a novena to Our Lady, Untier of Knots. I'm really bad with novenas; I get to about the third or fourth day and that's it; but so far, I have been faithful to the five days I've said. Four more to go!

Monday - Tuesday (days 26-27):
These days were filled with trying to job-hunt, and a lot of panic over what was going to happen re: the car I hit last week. Whether my roommate's insurance premium would go way up (something I can't afford right now), whether the other person would file a claim, when (not if, but when) my roommate was going to get mad and explode at me (she still hasn't), etc., etc.

Wednesday (day 28):
I had to talk to the roommate's insurance company, tell them my side of how the accident happened. The person I hit is filing a claim (not sure for what, she had a scratch on her car; my roommate's car got the bumper all dis-jointed). It's still considered my fault, even though the person in front of me turned without slowing down (unless her brake lights are out) or using her turn signal. Dang it. Here's hoping my roommate's insurance premium doesn't go up because of me...I can't afford it.

Thursday (day 29):
I (finally!) put in an application to volunteer at our local public library. People have been telling me for months that that's the way to get your foot in the door and get a job; but I hesitated because of my work schedule. I've been hesitating even since I quit my job, because what if I get a full-time job (that'll be the day....) that conflicts with the volunteer hours I agreed to? But today, I took the plunge and just did it.

Friday (day 30):
Well, I've made it. It's day 30 of my (mostly failed) attempt at thirty days of successive writing. Thanks for sticking with me, even though I blog so infrequently!

I promise not to neglect y'all; I'm going to try to write a bit more frequently! (I know, I know, I make empty promises all the time...sorry!)