My thoughts and reflections on my Catholic Faith, Fulton Sheen, the problem of suffering, and books

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Random Five A.M. Musings

Hello, my dear, faithful readers. (Are any of you still left? I did notice that someone recently liked my blog's Facebook page, so I'm guessing someone still reads the Theological-Librarian...)

I'm sorry for not writing sooner; the past month or so has been crazy.

I accepted a job with a senior care agency...I'm really nervous about that, very afraid that I'm going to get burnt-out again, and I've barely even started! Plus, I'll be working on average of 7 hours per week in the month of July, so it would be ridiculous if I got burnt-out. Please pray that I can find ways to re-charge!

The day after that interview, I turned 27. My roommates made me cake at lunch, and then after I worked my evening shift for the elderly couple I care for privately, one of my roommates surprised me with a party at the local brewery! Five old college friends, plus a local friend, showed up. It was a total surprise, and tons of fun!!

Over that day of my birthday and the day after, I had a major disagreement with a friend. Thanks be to God, I can now say that that disagreement has been resolved...it only took a month (sarcasm alert!)...a month full of stress, anger, jitters, and fear. I'm blaming St. Peter for the resolution, because it was on his feast-day earlier this week that I made the decision to drive out to where this friend works, sit down, and talk. We had a really good talk, and now everything's okay. (I really need to work on my tendency to hold a grudge... And my fear that my friends will get mad at me and never want to talk to me again when I stick my foot in my mouth.)

As of two weeks ago, I own a book autographed by Venerable Fulton Sheen. My roommate, who teaches at the Seton School in Manassas, found it in the library and showed it to me. I asked Mrs. Carroll if I could make a donation to Seton's chapel in exchange for the book, and she said "Yes." So, making book #27 in my ever-growing collection of books by Sheen, is his 1941 Declaration of Dependence, from which I hope to share some quotes over the next few days.

For now, feast your eyes on this picture:



Yesterday, I signed up for a free trial subscription to newspapers.com. Because...if you can spend seven days finding and saving old newspaper articles regarding Ven. Fulton Sheen...why not?

The only other interesting things going on around here is that this is the second night in a row I've woken up at an ungodly hour (neither 4 a.m., nor 5 a.m. is a godly hour, just sayin') after nightmares regarding close college friends. You know, the kind where your friends are in danger and you can't save them?

So that's why I'm typing this blog post, which listening to this song:

Piano cover of "Good, Good Father" by Chris Tomlin

Bye for now, and God Love Y'All!